Unlicensed building & pest inspectors, carrying out inspections around Brisbane.
How you can easily employ unlicensed building & pest inspectors. If you don’t do your research and ask the right questions!
Here is an example of how buyers can easily be trapped.
Sellers reports made available to potential buyers of a property in Graceville
- A QBCC search revealed that both the building and pest inspectors were not licensed to carry out their inspections.
- Both inspectors were employed by a well known building & pest company that claim they send out two “qualified people” to carry out inspections. Yet neither were licensed, therefore not covered by indemnity insurance.
- Many items (that would be of concern to a buyer) were either omitted or grossly understated, in both reports.
Important, what you need to know:
- Companies can “LEGALLY” employ unlicensed inspectors, without ANY EXPERIENCE & WITHOUT SUPERVISION.
- It is not a QBCC requirement for any licensed person from a company to be at the property at the time to supervise an unlicensed building or pest inspection they employ!
- A report carried out by an unlicensed inspector will not be covered by professional indemnity insurance. Ask any insurance company!
Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC) contact number: 139 333. Ask them WHY they have allowed this to happen!
Unlicensed building & pest inspectors.
A recent website page search of a large Building and Pest control inspection service in Brisbane.
- Out of Six people listed on their site, only ONE HAD A PEST CONTROLLERS LICENSE and only ONE HAD A BUILDERS & COMPLETED BUILDING INSPECTION LICENSE
- Although each individual claimed to carry licenses and insurance, in their particular field.
- Using an unlicensed inspector may breach your contract and jeopardise your potential for renegotiation regarding major faults. Check with your legal representative.
- Individuals that are not licensed and employed by companies will not be covered by insurance if a claim is made against them. Request to speak with their insurer!
BE AWARE: YOU COULD BE EMPLOYING THESE UNLICENSED & INEXPERIENCED PEOPLE TO CARRY OUT YOUR NEXT INSPECTIONS ! CHECK FIRST!
- Speak with the inspector, write down their full name and license number then Check do a search on the QBCC site.
- Make sure they are PERSONALLY licensed and carry professional indemnity insurance to safeguard yourself.
Do not treat these comments lightly when making the biggest investment in your life.
- You don’t want unlicensed inspectors carrying out your inspections.
- Use a reputable Building Inspector of your choice.
- Use a totally separate Pest Control firm that CURRENTLY operates a pest control business.
- Unlicensed inspectors can be very costly when major items are missed also when you decide to make a claim and find they are not be covered by insurance.
Do your research and get it right to avoid costly repairs ontop of your mortgage re-payments.
For independent Building Inspections Brisbane in all suburbs, Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service. qbis.com.au