How Unlicensed building and pest inspectors, are carrying out inspections around Brisbane.
This is how you can easily employ Unlicensed building and pest inspectors. If you don’t do your research and ask the right questions!
Important, what you need to know:
- Companies can “LEGALLY” employ unlicensed inspectors, without ANY EXPERIENCE & WITHOUT SUPERVISION.
- It is not a QBCC requirement for any licensed person from a company to be at the property at the time to supervise an unlicensed building or pest inspection they employ!
- A report carried out by an unlicensed inspector will not be covered by professional indemnity insurance. Ask any insurance company!
Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC) contact number: 139 333. Ask them WHY they have allowed this to happen!
Example of how a buyer was almost trapped by trusting a sellers reports.
Sellers building & pest reports made available to potential buyers of a property in Graceville
- A QBCC search revealed that both the building and pest inspectors were not licensed to carry out their inspections.
- Both inspectors were employed by a well known building & pest company that claim they send out two “qualified people” to carry out inspections.
- Neither were licensed, therefore not covered by indemnity insurance.
- Many items (that would be of concern to a buyer) were either omitted or grossly understated, in both reports.
Unlicensed building and pest inspectors being employed by a large company.
A recent website page search of a large Building and Pest control inspection service in Brisbane.
- Out of Six people listed on their site, only ONE HAD A PEST CONTROLLERS LICENSE and only ONE HAD A BUILDERS & COMPLETED BUILDING INSPECTION LICENSE
- Although each individual claimed to carry licenses and insurance, in their particular field.
BE WARNED AND AWARE!
- Using an unlicensed inspector may breach your contract and jeopardise your potential for renegotiation regarding major faults. Check with your legal representative.
- Individuals that are not licensed and employed by companies will not be covered by insurance if a claim is made against them.
- Contact any insurance company that supplies indemnity cover for Building & pest control firms. Ask the insurance company if they would cover anyone that makes a claim against the Building or pest control people for negligence if the building or pest inspectors they employ do not carry the appropriate QBCC licenses for their particular field!
- Do not be conned by anyone that claims to carry licenses and indemnity insurance. Check for yourself on the link below before employing anyone.
BE AWARE: YOU COULD BE EMPLOYING THESE UNLICENSED & INEXPERIENCED PEOPLE TO CARRY OUT YOUR NEXT INSPECTIONS ! DO YOUR RESEARCH & CHECK FIRST!
- Ask to speak to the inspector that is likely to be doing your inspection
- Write down their full name and license number.
- Do a search on the QBCC site.
- Check they are PERSONALLY licensed and carry professional indemnity insurance to safeguard yourself.
- They must carry a completed building inspection license to be covered by indemnity insurance.
Do not treat these comments lightly when making the biggest investment in your life.
- You don’t want unlicensed inspectors carrying out your inspections.
- Use a reputable Building Inspector of your choice.
- Use a totally separate Pest Control firm that CURRENTLY operates a pest control business.
- Unlicensed inspectors can be very costly when major items are missed also when you decide to make a claim and find they are not be covered by insurance.
Do your research, ask the right questions and get it right to avoid costly repairs ontop of your mortgage re-payments.
Make sure you have the following information from the INSPECTOR, before doing your search.
- First, middle and surname.
- License number(s)
- Company name.
Make sure your inspector has builders license (and more importantly) a Completed Residential Building Inspection License.
Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) License search
QBCC license search LINK
For independent Building Inspections Brisbane in all suburbs, Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service. qbis.com.au
Learn more about building and pest inspectors and how to choose them: