Who are we?
Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service & Qld Building Inspection Service (QBIS) are the longest serving Building Inspection Services in Brisbane. Peter Weddell has always been the owner/operator and has served the community of Brisbane with detailed and independent building inspection reports since 1981.
What types of buildings do we inspect ?
- Houses small, large, new or old.
- Post war
- Californian bungalows
- Granny flats
Different types of buildings inspected in Queensland since 1981.
Who have and are currently using our Services?
- Brisbane City Council
- Lending societies
- Leading solicitors/lawyers and their clients
- ASX Listed companies
- Fund managers
- Superannuation funds
- Investment advisors
- Interstate & overseas buyers.
- Property managers
- Body Corporates.
- First home buyers.
- Current property owners
- Property sellers
- Property buyers
The above have used our services since 1981 for producing a confidential, unbiased report they can rely upon that is second to none!
Why use us?
Buyers will benefit from our vast experience, independent and comprehensive reports that are more likely to put a buyer in a far better negotiating position than any of our opposition.
- We are longest serving building inspection service in Brisbane.
- All inspections are carried out by the owner/operator, Peter Weddell who is responsible for his company.
- We do not receive referrals from agents, therefore they have no control over the outcome of our reports.
- Our reports are confidential, results are not disclosed with the agent or seller, unlike others.
- Inspection time is at least 1¼ hour on-site plus consultation time with rest of the day compiling the report.
- Only one job is done in a day to allow for a comprehensive report to be produced.
- Others take ½ hour or less for their inspection and do as many as eight jobs in a day!
- The company has always operated independently and without interference from agents, so you can be rest assured we are working in the buyers best interest.
- Our reports over many years have saved clients far more than the cost of the report when negotiating on major problems.
- We welcome clients on-site to discuss outcome of the report.
- Free advice can be given regarding economical suggestions on alterations, extensions also renovations.
- Each report is tailored to suit the property and problems encountered.
- Easy to follow, detailed, unbiased report that is 2nd to none in the industry and far exceeds the ASA 4349.1 standard for building inspections.
- Extensive use of photos throughout the report (very helpful in the case of interstate buyers) also for proof of access.
- Comparison of identified problems with economical recommendations on rectification.
- We access all areas of the property and buildings, including the roof exterior where others don’t (where safe and physical possible).
- Whether it be days, weeks, months or years. At no extra cost to the client The inspector is available to the client long after the inspection, for over the phone advice.
Important points, tips and suggestions on preventative maintenance are made throughout the report. These helpful comments alone could save you far more than the cost of the report.