Learn how salts and rising damp can cause damage to brick walls.
Rising damp and salt causing damage to brick walls. Also learn how this serious fault can be fixed. QBIS.
Rectification of damaged bricks, method 1:
- First locate matching bricks from a fence, barbeque or from another wall that could be replaced with alternative product.
- Support bricks above areas that require rectification.
- Remove damaged bricks.
- Fit new physical damp-course barrier.
- Relay matching bricks with similar colored mortar.
Highly effective but labour intensive and costly!
Rectification of damaged bricks, method 2:
- Drill into bricks and mortar at required intervals.
- Inject a chemical damp-course barriers that permiates the bricks and mortar.
Cheaper but not as effective. Chemical barrier may break down over time.
NSW government: Salt attack and rising damp guide
For independent Building Inspections Brisbane in all suburbs, Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service. qbis.com.au