Ceiling plaster sheeting that is sagging.
Sagging plaster sheeting. Identified by Peter Weddell, owner/operator of Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service.
Large gap between roof frame and ceiling plaster sheeting.
Unacceptable degrees of sagging:
Popping of securings and extensive sagging of ceiling lining.
Significant gap between the ceiling lining and bottom chord of a roof truss.
Sagging of interior ceiling plaster.
Sagging plaster sheeting.
- Unfortunately the majority of the ceiling plaster linings in these photos are beyond re-securing and would require replacing. It can also be very messy if insulation has been fitted above the ceilings.
- Replacing ceiling linings can be an expensive problem that you need to be aware of when buying a property and must be addressed ASAP.
- The longer it is left the lesser likely it can be secured without the need for replacing.
- All ceiling linings sag to varying degrees, the problem is when they sag beyond repair.
- The degree must be determined by a trades person that is willingly to guarantee their repair work and replace linings, where necessary.