How a pre-sale existing owner report benefits you and may help increase your chances of a property sale, considerably!
All Building Inspections are carried out personally by Peter Weddell owner/operator of Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service.
You can be assured of receiving a detailed, unbiased report from a trusted person in the industry that many leading Solicitors, Banks and Councils have used and recommended since 1978.
- Identify potential deal breaker problems before listing your property so you have the opportunity of rectifying them or pricing the property accordingly.
- Avoid fabricated or overstated problems by the prospective buyer (or their Inspector) to reduce the sale price with overinflated prices on rectification.
- Advice on what you can rectify economically or alter (yourself) without requiring Council approval.
- Recommendations on preventative maintenance, to avoid potential problems occurring also how to maintain the property for the long-term.
- Have the opportunity to remove linings and/or stored items to assess extent of problems and have them rectified or quoted on, more accurately.
- Compare problems with similar buildings of its age and type to put problems in perspective.
- The report may include the possibility of illegal structures, extensions and or alterations that may require Council approval. This would help you in obtaining the appropriate searches, before listing the property.
- Extensive use of photos throughout the report to put problems in perspective and give you a much better understanding.
- Help you in producing a portfolio on the house, to pass onto a prospective buyer.
- Have access to the Inspector for advice, long after the inspection has been carried out.
A pre-sale existing owner report can also benefit home owners that are not intending selling their property.
By identifying problems, with suggestions on preventative maintenance also advice on how to maintain their property, for the long term. With access to the inspector, help in not getting ripped off by unscrupulous trades-people!
The danger of selling your property without a pre-sale report?
- A potential buyer’s inspector identifies major problems that could be used as a legitimate reason to terminate a sale.
- The buyer negotiates the purchase price down considerably to compensate them for expensive problems they had not allowed for and were not made aware of before signing a contract.
- By not having a pre-sale report and being forewarned of any major problems, you cannot put a fair price on the property.
- A potential buyer is more likely to speculate on the severity, extent and cost of rectifying major problems when they are concealed and the degree of problem is unknown.
A pre-sale existing owner report will help eliminate most of these hurdles by identifying the major problems and (if necessary) suggest having linings removed in any affected areas to allow for more accurate quotes and repairs, before listing the property.
Why use us?
- All inspections are carried out by Peter Weddell, owner/operator, solely responsible for the company.
- Benefit from his wealth of knowledge and experience gained in all aspects of the building industry since 1966. Full member of the Master builders since 1977. Founding member of the Institute of Building Consultants, 1995.
- Fully insured and licensed with the Qld Building Construction Commission
- Know you are receiving independent and unbiased advice.
- Help with recommendations on the most economical alternatives of rectification.
- Advice on extensions and alterations (if necessary).
- Accesses all areas, including the roof exterior (where safely and practicable) without being supervised.
- Include a comparison gauge to other buildings of its age and type to put problems in perspective.
- Have access to the Inspector for advice or guidance, long after the inspection has been carried out (at no extra fee, for over the phone advice).
- Produce a report that is 2nd to none from a company that has no vested interest in the sale apart from providing the best possible advice and a report that is tailored to suit your particular property.
- Include numerous photos to put problems in perspective also for proof of access (very helpful in the case of interstate owners).
Be confidant in knowing that you would be employing Peter Weddell who is solely responsible for the business and has owned and operated the longest serving building inspection service in Brisbane.
Also look at my Posts on Pre-sale report Case Studies 1, 2, 3, for examples.