Improper installation of bath-shower, in Camp Hill, an Eastern suburb of Brisbane,
Improper installation of bath-shower. Peter Weddell, owner/operator of Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service.
This bath has not been properly installed for a shower outlet above it.
- A platform shelf has been created around the bath that will allow seepage and rot to occur.
- Impossible to keep sealed, even if water-proofing has been fitted to its perimeter
- Water-proofing is most likely to crack, from different rates of expansion and contraction between the different materials.
Another improperly fitted bath with shower outlet above in a unit.
Water will seep through the shelf created between the bath and wall, which will cause rot to floor and walls.
Improper installation of a bath-shower.
Wall tiles must extend into the perimeter lip of the bath, to achieve this
- Wall tiles, sheeting and bath must be removed.
- Recess the bath into the walls. If necessary build walls out to achieve this.
- Apply approved waterproofing, where necessary.
- Resheet and fit tiles down into all edge lips of the bath.
This is a practical long term method of installation.