Electrical cable danger in roof.
Electrical cable danger in roof. QBIS.
Potential danger in roof
- New house with wiring to roof interior fitted over metal gang nails securing’s of the roof trusses.
- Very dangerous for anyone accessing the interior of a roof.
- Re-routing of wires clear of the securing’s would require little effort.
This shows the importance of access by your inspector to the roof interior!
Electrical cable danger in roof. Important points:
Before gaining access to the roof interior.
- Turn off ALL light & power circuits at the main power box.
- If uncertain, do not access the roof interior or consult a qualified electrician.
- NEVER RELY UPON SAFETY SWITCHES ALONE as they can become faulty!
Do not attempt to rectify any electrical cables yourself. It is not worth risking your life. Employ a licensed electrician to rectify any faults.
Qld Government Worksafe code of practice and risk management
For independent Building Inspections Brisbane in all suburbs, Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service. qbis.com.au