Undersized box gutter-Bulimba, an Eastern suburb of Brisbane,
Undersized Box gutter in Bulimba. Identified by Peter Weddell, owner/operator of Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service and Queensland Building Inspection Service, QBIS.
Undersized box gutter with insufficient width and depth, lack of relief holes also securing through lower section of the gutter.
- Roof sheeting was also too short, it must extend over back of the gutter.
- Copious amount of sealant to flashings.
- Rotting of the ceiling linings below indicate the gutter has leaked or overflowed consistently.
- Relief hole was also required to end of the box gutter.
No amount of sealant will rectify the problems (without replacing the box gutter with a much larger one).
Professional roofing contractor’s, will fit roof flashing’s correctly and not rely wholly upon a sealant that will deteriorate.
Undersized box gutter-Bulimba.
- Sealants will eventually deteriorate from sun exposure.
- Cracking will occur from differing rates of expansion and contraction between the different materials.
- Undersized gutters are highly likely to ongoing problems with leaking and rot.
This problems must be addressed ASAP to avoid further rotting of concealed timber and damage to ceiling linings.
For independent Building Inspections Brisbane in all suburbs, Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service. qbis.com.au