Damage to roof from termites.
Termite damage to roof. QBIS.
Although this photo was taken in 2005 it is still relevant.
Importance of access:
- This is what an inspector will miss if they are not prepared to get in the roof.
- This can be very costly inspection for a potential buyer!
- Insist your inspector takes photos of problems also for proof of access!
- Many inspectors do not gain access the roof interior past the access hole, if it has insulation.
Worth knowing: Insulation is often fitted within a roof to cover termite evidence or damage
Termite damage to roof. Related information that may help you:
QBCC Termite Management Systems advisory notes for Homeowners
Builders build houses, they do not treat houses for termites. Don’t be conned!
- Pest inspections area a specialized field that requires an experienced inspector, not a builder!
- Make sure your pest inspection is carried by an experienced, licensed person.
- Most importantly: someone that currently operates a pest control business.
I don’t claim to be an expert in termite detection.
But here are some examples of what I have found in roofs, other inspectors have missed.
For independent Building Inspections Brisbane in all suburbs, Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service. qbis.com.au