Retaining wall defect, in Ferny Hills, a Northern suburb of Brisbane,
Retaining wall defect. Identified by Peter Weddell, owner/operator of Qld Home Buyers Inspection Service.
- Significant movement of a boundary retaining wall.
- This major defect was not mentioned in the Body Corporate Records.
- Tenants and owners were not aware of the problem.
- Impossible access for machinery
- Removal and replacement of the retaining wall, relying upon manual labour.
- Height and length of the wall, divide the cost by six unit owners and you still end up with a very costly problem to rectify.
Another client saved from costly replacement of retaining walls, by Peter Weddell!
Retaining walls over 1 metre in height must be:
- Engineer designed
- Council approved
- Have drains fitted.
- Waterproofed and tanked, if used within a habitable area.